My website address is www.isabelferreira.com
- This is a notice to inform you of my policy about all information that I record about you. It sets out the conditions under which I may process any information that I collect from you, or that you provide to me. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- I regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. I understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to me, and hope that you reciprocate.
- My policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires me to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The bases on which I process information about you
The law requires me to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant then I shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law I shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which I have determined that I can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on my website, buy a product or service from me, or otherwise agree to my terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and me.
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may be personal information.
I may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with my services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using my website
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
I shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about my products and services, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send me a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect me to reply.
Except where you have consented to my use of your information for a specific purpose, I do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. I may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me [at email address or webpage]. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use my website or my services further.
3. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
I may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to me, of doing so.
For example, I may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of my business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which I believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- protecting your interests where I believe I have a duty to do so
4.Information we process because we have a legal obligation
I am subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, I must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
5. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
My website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a message or comment
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
I do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
I do store it, and I reserve a right to use it in the future in any way I decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, I have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. I accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for me to retain it, then at my discretion I may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting me at [email protected]
6. Complaints regarding content on our website
My website is a publishing medium. Anyone may register and then publish information about himself, herself or some other person.
I attempt to moderate user generated content, but I am not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
If you complain about any of the content on our website, I shall investigate your complaint.
If I feel it is justified or if I believe the law requires me to do so, I shall remove the content while I investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so I have to make a judgement as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If I think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, I shall not correspond with you about it.
7. Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by me or transferred to me either through my website or otherwise.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PAYPAL or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on my website, but it is not controlled by me.
8.Sending me a message
When you contact me, whether by telephone, through my website or by e-mail, I collect the data you have given to me in order to reply with the information you need.
I record your request and my reply in order to increase the efficiency of my business.
I keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
When I receive a complaint, I record all the information you have given to me.
I use that information to resolve your complaint.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- to keep you signed in our site
11.Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to my website servers for web pages and other content on my website are recorded.
I record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. I also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
I use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on my website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
12. Information I obtain from third parties
Although I do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), I sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services I use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
13. Data may be processed outside the European Union
My website is hosted in Portugal.
I may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software my website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia.
Access to your own information
14. Access to your personal information
- At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that I hold about you, by signing in to your account on my website.
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on my website you may send me a request at [email protected]
- After receiving the request, I will tell you when I expect to provide you with the information.
15. Removal of your information
If you wish me to remove personally identifiable information from my website, you may contact me at [email protected]
This may limit the service I can provide to you.
16. Verification of your information
When I receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information I shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
17. Use of site by children
- I do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use my website only with consent from a parent or guardian
- Certain areas of my website are designed for use by children over 12 years of age. These areas include [description or name or areas designed for children].
- I collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and I anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
18. Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
19. How you can complain
20.Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, I keep your personal information only for as long as required by me:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by UK tax authorities ( 6 years);
- to support a claim or defence in court.
21. Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
I may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on my website on the day you use my website. I advise you to print a copy for your records.
or in writing to ( please email me first for full address):
Isabel Ferreira, Barnsley S75 2AN.